Skip to main content

My current fitness routine

I thought as I am trying to get into a routine, I would share my ‘current’ fitness routine, as we all know I am a little fickle and prone to change! There is a small chance that this post is also to motivate me into sticking to what I am sharing with you all…. Just a small one, therefore let’s go with it..  
Running 

I have finally got back into running and I am bloody loving it. I started running properly last year and really got into a fab routine: I was running regularly and my distances were getting pretty darn good! Then ‘poof’ my motivation stopped and for some reason I stopped running. I tried but I just couldn’t get my routine back. I am pretty darn annoyed with myself to be honest.. *let’s look at the positives* I have started again and its fabulous. My distances are nowhere near as far as last year but they are nowhere near as bad as I imagined that they would be before I restarted. Plus, they is something soul restoring about running early morning before everyone is up and about. 






Meg and I do miss the summer mornings, but there is a different type of peaceful when it is dark and there is no one else on the roads. 
Yoga 

Hurrah for the schools going back and yoga classes restarting ♥ We had a break over the summer and I didn’t realise how much I had missed it until my class this week. Oh! It was amazing. My class is on a Monday which is the perfect tonic to a manic Monday. An hour of stretching and pushing yourself in a totally different way, is the best end to a Monday. I lied, sorry about that, Shavasana at the end of the class is the perfect way to end a manic Monday! It also pushes me to do a little more during the week… not all the time, but y’know, sometimes. 
Crossfit 
I love love crossfit. I love it. I feel like an absolute queen whenever I have finished a class. Boo though, I have not been able to go as regularly as I would like but I am determined to get into a routine of going at least once a week. I love how no two classes are the same and the community feeling is amazing. You literally leave your ego at the door and everyone cheers everyone else on – its bloody amazing! I cannot wait to get into a real routine and start seeing differences in myself and the weights. 

Walking 







I love walking with Moo and walking along here with The Boy and Moo at the weekend is bloody fabulous. The canal captures the seasons so perfectly and getting out at the weekend and walking along here is one of my favourite things to do. Obvs the fact that there are a couple of pubs has absolutely nothing to do with it. At. All. Promise… 
  
So there you have it, a quick round up of the fitness adventures I am embarking on this autumn. I will check in when Winter arrives (how Game of Thrones does that sound) and see how I have got on and how I have improved #positivepants


Love for now

Nina xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Goals

Being slightly different. I am not one to start my goals at the start of the month, that is far too predictable! Instead, I thought I would let September bed in a week or so, think about them and then give them a go. So I suppose this is more of an “autumn goal list” really. Running This is my  first  goal. I have ‘messed’ about with it for a while and I do not even know why… Just one of those Nina things. But things got serious the other night, I ordered a running lead for Moo! There goes my excuse that Moo doesn’t like/can’t do road running. We tried it and she didn’t hate it. If I am being honest, I am not convinced she like it all that much, but she didn’t hate it and I am taking that as progress. So my goal, is to become more structured with my running and then (fingers crossed) I will become better and better. As I am bloody struggling at the moment, I am aiming for at least four time a week, remember I did say aiming! Let’s see how this goes.. Reading I read A

My reading favourites

Last month I decided to try and read more. I love reading, but I sometimes find that there are not enough hours in the day and of course, as things do, reading gets forgotten about. As we were on holiday the first few days of August , it seemed the perfect time to start. I joined two local libraries. We are lucky enough to live on the border of two counties and two countries - how fab does that sound?! Anyway, I joined Shropshire Libraries and I popped across the border and joined Wrexham Libraries. And the added bonus of both; the have eBooks and audio-books that you can also borrow. This made my little heart sing! Matt Haig is my author of the moment. When it comes to picking which books to read, I am very sporadic. If I fall in love with a series, I MUST read all the ones I possibly can. I love to discover new authors either through fab recommendations from friends or my fail-safe method is to have a scan down a list of titles and authors and see if any take my fancy, that

All about me

Heyyyy there and thank you so much for stopping by my little blog.  Hope that you are having a fabulous week?! If not – you really need to sort that, life is too short not to be fabulous and happy ❤️ So, here are just a few of the things that make me happy: πŸ’–         Friends, family and of course my favouritist πŸ’–          Meg, Florence and Edith – my beautiful dog and totally crazy but utterly loveable guinea pigs πŸ’–          Chocolate – I am talking Dairy Milk and Galaxy here, the melt in your mouth kind of chocolate that makes you forget all of your troubles πŸ’–          Gin – Oh, where have you been all my life ❤️ πŸ’–          Boxsets OF ANYTHING! Favourites have been Game of Thrones, 24, Homeland, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars (most of), The L Word, Downton Abbey, Greys, Line Of Duty, Nashville, Scandal, Orange Is The New Black….. as you can tell, I don’t have a type πŸ’–          Reading! Again anything and everything. I *love* The Harry Potter series,