Skip to main content

September Goals

Being slightly different. I am not one to start my goals at the start of the month, that is far too predictable! Instead, I thought I would let September bed in a week or so, think about them and then give them a go. So I suppose this is more of an “autumn goal list” really.

Running

This is my first goal. I have ‘messed’ about with it for a while and I do not even know why… Just one of those Nina things. But things got serious the other night, I ordered a running lead for Moo! There goes my excuse that Moo doesn’t like/can’t do road running. We tried it and she didn’t hate it. If I am being honest, I am not convinced she like it all that much, but she didn’t hate it and I am taking that as progress. So my goal, is to become more structured with my running and then (fingers crossed) I will become better and better. As I am bloody struggling at the moment, I am aiming for at least four time a week, remember I did say aiming! Let’s see how this goes..

Reading

I read A LOT of books in august. I read so many fabulous books and I am determined to continue this into autumn (see what I did there, I really need to retitle this post at some point..!) There is something about curling up with a book and a brew during autumn that I just love ♥ I read a lot of fiction and I want to read some non-fiction/personal development type books – to basically broaden what I read. Too many fiction books tend to merge into one – chick lit and fantasy just turn into one big story, so I need to break it up a little bit. Suggestions of any books you have loved would be greatly received...

Podcast

If you know me, you know I rave about audiobooks. I do not deal well with traffic, I’ll be honest, I am better than The Boy, but still I get restless and these are bloody fab at distracting me (think small child distractions – it’s true). I read an article over the summer about Bryony Gordon's Mad World podcast series and it was bloody amazeballs. As they are so short, they are perfect for runs and the delightful commute. I would love to find some more I can listen to, but I am struggling. If you have any you subscribe to, send them over, I am open to listening to anything.

Decluttering

I had some time off in January and made an epic start with decluttering. EVERYWHERE was decluttered, The Boy was concerned he was going to been thrown out, it was awesome! Obviously not that he was going to be thrown out, but the whole clearing out and creating space – and breathe.. But over the summer months, it is just starting to creep back in! Slowly but bloody surely! So I am going to get back to decluttering: clothes, books, papers, general crap that accumulates all over the place. It just needs to be brought back to basics. 


Love for now

Nina xx

Comments

  1. These are some lovely goals you have set here, I also want to kiatel to more podcasts and be inspired. Good luck with keeping up with these! x

    FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX
    www.roseygoldbox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - its an attempt to bring more order :) I love do love podcasts, just struggling to find some new ones. xx

      Delete
  2. These are such great goals! I made it my goal over summer to read more and I'm so happy with how many books I've managed to read! I definitely need to do some decluttering too, good luck with your goals ✨

    Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) What books did you read? I am always looking for different ones! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My reading favourites

Last month I decided to try and read more. I love reading, but I sometimes find that there are not enough hours in the day and of course, as things do, reading gets forgotten about. As we were on holiday the first few days of August , it seemed the perfect time to start. I joined two local libraries. We are lucky enough to live on the border of two counties and two countries - how fab does that sound?! Anyway, I joined Shropshire Libraries and I popped across the border and joined Wrexham Libraries. And the added bonus of both; the have eBooks and audio-books that you can also borrow. This made my little heart sing! Matt Haig is my author of the moment. When it comes to picking which books to read, I am very sporadic. If I fall in love with a series, I MUST read all the ones I possibly can. I love to discover new authors either through fab recommendations from friends or my fail-safe method is to have a scan down a list of titles and authors and see if any take my fancy, that

All about me

Heyyyy there and thank you so much for stopping by my little blog.  Hope that you are having a fabulous week?! If not – you really need to sort that, life is too short not to be fabulous and happy ❤️ So, here are just a few of the things that make me happy: 💖         Friends, family and of course my favouritist 💖          Meg, Florence and Edith – my beautiful dog and totally crazy but utterly loveable guinea pigs 💖          Chocolate – I am talking Dairy Milk and Galaxy here, the melt in your mouth kind of chocolate that makes you forget all of your troubles 💖          Gin – Oh, where have you been all my life ❤️ 💖          Boxsets OF ANYTHING! Favourites have been Game of Thrones, 24, Homeland, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars (most of), The L Word, Downton Abbey, Greys, Line Of Duty, Nashville, Scandal, Orange Is The New Black….. as you can tell, I don’t have a type 💖          Reading! Again anything and everything. I *love* The Harry Potter series,